Monday, May 16, 2016

Ways My LS 3-5 Students Use Google Slides

Google Slides is an amazing Google App for Education when you want to do presentations collaboratively.  Teachers at my school give echo workshops to the rest of our colleagues who didn't get to attend a conference.  Instead of finding a common time to meet up, discuss how we will present, I simply create a Google Slide, share with them, put in my bit and they do the same.  Just as simple as that.  My students also love doing presentations as they love to lay out and play around with animations.  For older grades or more advanced students, I challenge them to insert videos and gifs on their presentations. Let me show you some ways my LS 3-5 Students use Google Slides.


I often collaborate with the Homeroom Teachers and see how I can further enhance their core curriculum digitally.  I get their topics and think of projects they can do on the computer.  The 3rd Graders learn about the Solar System in Science.  While they are learning it in their respective classes, I, inturn, have them create presentations on it to further extend their knowledge on the topic.  They do research in my class and learn about citing sources, inserting images and adding animations. 




My 4th Graders learn about Heroes in their Social Studies classes.  I have them create Hero Presentations on Google Slides that they present in their Homeroom Classes.




My 5th Grade students create non-fiction story books that they read to Grade 2 schoolmates.  In my class they do a digital version of these books using Google Slides.



Another way I have taught my colleagues to use Google Slides is for Digital Storytelling, click on link to see how.  These are just some ways I have used Google Slides with my students, please share your ways with my via comments and I would love to feature you on my blog.  Thank you!









No comments:

Post a Comment