Saturday, May 14, 2016

Ways My LS 3-5 ICT Students Use Google Docs

Google Docs is probably the most widely used Google App for Education.  It's my starting point when my 3rd graders come in from an iPad lab.  The best part for me this school year is the ability to be able to let my students research and insert images right from Google Docs.  Moreover, they are able to insert links immediately to credit their sources.  There are so many projects you can have your students do, here are just some of mine.  Please do share yours as well as I believe in the importance in sharing and learning from each other.  I shall be updating this regularly as my students finish projects.


My 4th Grade students study Body Systems in their Science classes.  In line with this, I have them create posters on the Body System of their choice.



My 3rd Grade students study inventors and their inventions.  They even have their own Invention Convention to showcase their own creations.  I have them choose their favorite inventor and create a poster about them.  




My 5th Grade students produce their own mini films for our Tech Week Program.  The theme is Fractured Fairy Tales.  Scriptwriting before Google Docs was a painful task of 2-3 sessions that included, drafting, editing and revising. Now, we collaboratively work on their scripts in real time and we get this task done in 30 minutes or just before the block ends. There is something about my face popping up on their screen asking them to make changes.  They immediately change it and hit Resolve!;-)



My 5th Graders normally use Google Drawing for this next sample as I have shown in my most recent blog post ->  Ways My LS 3-5 ICT Students Use Google Drawing, but here's a sample of how it looks when done in Google Docs.





My 5th Graders create a student version of a resume.  This is a step up from the usual All About Me Posters that they do in 4th Grade as it includes more shapes, layouting and segregating information in boxes.  





I will be updating regularly as my students finish more projects they are working on in Google Docs.  Please do share how you use Google Docs as well and I would love to feature you. 












No comments:

Post a Comment